My Word of 2024


 

Hello!

It's good to meet you here in this corner of the internet in the year of 2024. 

I won't bore you with tired jokes about the new year. They were old five years ago. 

I had intended to give you my top reads of 2023, but I need to create more graphics for that post so it will have to wait for another time. 

So, in the meantime, I would like to invite you to view my word for 2024:



Recently, I put out a call on social media for people to leave a positive word beginning with the first letter of their name on the post so that I could carry the words with me into 2024. This is perhaps the third or fourth year I've done this? I don't know. I lost count.

 I used to do resolutions, but I broke them during the first week. I used to have a lot of goals, but after 2020, I felt like a lot of those goals were just not happening. More like wishes than goals. I still make goals, but they're not hard and fast goals, like I MUST get these done or the world will end goals (I'm being dramatic, but you get the point.).

I like this idea of carrying words into the new year. At the end of the year, I like to look back and see how God interwove them throughout my year. 

Here are the words I've received:

Magnetic

Creativity

Merry

Charity

Courage (x2)

Lionhearted

Loving

Redeemed

Knowledge

Cheer

Original

Sympathy

Joy

Happy

Kindhearted

Clarity

Love Literature (Not sure how that is going to work since it's more a genre, but...)

Light

Daring

Compassion

Jamming (Thank you little brother.)

Resilience

Righteousness

Mercy

Amazing

Assurance

Appreciation

Rejuvenate

Trust

Respect

Benevolent

Peace

Joyful

Blessed

Beautiful

Courageous

Quite a plethora of words! I'm excited to see how they will play out in 2024.

But now... Back to my own chosen word for 2024: Agog.

Strangely enough, this word was on my Word a Day Calendar for the first of the year. I started journaling about it because I feel it smacks me dead in the center. 

According to the Merriam Webster Online Dictionary, Agog means to:

"1. be full of intense interest or excitement. Eager.

2. wide open. Agape.

3. full of wonder or surprise. Astonished.

4. full of lively activity. Bustling.

5. abundantly filled. Replete." (paraphrased)


After reading all of the definitions, I decided that this is what I want to be in 2024. I want to be agog. I want to be so full of wonder at the things around me and of the things God wants to show me during this year that I will spill over with excitement for life. I want to be "abundantly filled" with the good things of God.

I'm excited for this year as I've never been before. I am full of expectancy, waiting at the edge of some great unknown, ready for the ride.

Until next time...

Julia Garcia / Arysta Henry 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!