Giving Thanks: A Short Poem


 Hello!

Here at the end of the month of November 2023, I wanted to write a poem.

Those that have followed this blog over the last couple of years know that I used to write poetry and post a poem a month, usually on the 15th of every month. Since my unplanned hiatus last year, I haven't really written any poetry except when my cousin and grandpa passed away, but I wanted to try and stretch those muscles again today.

The results aren't exactly what I hoped for, but I'm thankful for the words all the same. I'm learning to be thankful for the struggles as well as the blessings. These little things that don't seem the best. I know I could do better, but right now, my poetry muscles are tired and out of practice. And that is okay.

So, here is my little poem born out of the darkness of sadness and healing. My reminder to myself that the simple act of giving thanks is like sunlight. It makes me warmer and happier and should be scattered liberally.




And that's a wrap!

I'm not sure what I'll be blogging about next month, so it will be a surprise for us all. I'm thinking of doing a few of the posts I've done in the past, so it is likely that December will not be themed. 
Themed posts will likely return next year.

Let me leave you with a couple of questions:
Do you like poetry? If you read poetry, what are a couple of your favorite poems?

Until next time...

Julia Garcia / Arysta Henry



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!