A Time to Give Thanks


 Hello and welcome to November!

November has to be my favorite month of the year. Not only is it the month of Thanksgiving if you're in the United States, but it's also the month of my mom's birthday. I grew up very close to my mom, and she's still very important to me so her birthday is always a cause for me to celebrate, to give thanks that she is with me for another year.

Speaking of giving thanks... That is the topic of the blog for this month. Giving Thanks. Yes, I know it might be a little cliché, but it's also something I think, that we don't do often enough.

For some reason, as a society we all seem very entitled. We have rights. We even have a Bill of Rights. We feel that we are owed certain things and we get angry when we don't get them. As a society, we are very entitled. But listen. We are not actually owed anything. And for what we are given, we should give thanks. 

We should give thanks the year 'round, but let's start with this month. Every habit has a starting point. Let this month be it. 

Until next time...

Julia Garcia / Arysta Henry


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!