Prayer for Patience


 Hello!

This is a rather difficult subject for me to write on, mostly because I've struggled with patience since I was a young girl. As a kid, I was quick-tempered, especially when riled, and it often got me into the worst sorts of trouble. 

Now that I'm older, I still struggle with it, but have learned to stop and think (most of the time) before I speak or act even though every bit of my spirit wants to react.

Thomas Jefferson is quoted to have said, "When angry, count to ten before you speak. If very angry, count to one hundred."

Why do I bring up anger when I said I was going to write on patience? Because anger and impatience often go hand in hand.  When we are angry, we react quickly. We don't stop to think. 

This month, I've chosen the topic of patience because it is something we all desperately need, myself included. I've titled the series Prayer for Patience because it is indeed a prayer. Patience is not something I can muster up myself. 

Patience is something I continually have to ask God for, and it is something He is working in me. 

So, this month, I invite you, dear reader, to join me in a prayer for patience. We are going to look at patience and see how it not only affects others, but also ourselves, physically and mentally. 

I hope to see you here on the page.

Until next time...

Julia Garcia / Arysta Henry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!