How Do You Water?


 

Hello!

I've been thinking a lot about water. 

Everything and everyone needs water. At least, you do if you are a living organism and not something like a computer. 

Recently, I noticed how much I need a humidifier. Without it, the autumn/winter season is hazardous. I wake up continually thirsty, dried out and miserable. Sometimes my eyes rebel and I open them to what feels like glass shards in my eyes. It's extremely inconvenient and painful. A humidifier,  however, makes everything better.

Thinking about water made me think: What are we doing to water our lives? And if we are watering our lives (which we are in some way or other.), what are we watering our lives with? Because that matters too.
What we put into our lives affects the output.

I grew up with parents who listened to the news a lot. I didn't pay too much mind as a kid. It was mostly on in the car and it put me to sleep. But as I got older, the droning of words made sense and the words worried me. More than they should have.

No. I'm not here to tell you to stop listening to the news completely. Perhaps just moderate it. I do think it's telling that even cartoons have picked up that the majority of news can be very depressing. In a cartoon called Ninjago,the villain, a purple snake, can be seen looking at a newspaper in one scene. "News. Always a downer."  

Personally, I don't listen to the news very much. I'm prone to depression and anxiety and too much news brings that on. Like everything, moderation is king. 

But this doesn't just extend to news. What else are you watering your life with? Consider the books you read, the movies/shows you consume, the music you listen to, the food you eat, the beverages you drink. How do you spend your time? Is the majority of your time spent sitting? These all matter. How you water yourself depends on the quality of life that you live. You have to properly water yourself if joy is to have any chance at flourishing in your life. 

Food for thought. 

Until next time...
Julia Garcia  / Arysta Henry

Comments

  1. Hey Pythor here, I loved reading this post you did a really good job. This gives everyone a lot to think about. One thing I would recommend is add "the music you listen to" because music is a big thing in people's lives, and it really does affect the way people live. GREAT JOB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make a good point, Pythor. Very insightful.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!