Carpe Momentum

 


    Carpe Momentum... "Seize the Moment". 

I have been thinking about this a lot. It's what the theme of this month is about, in essence, and it's what I did this weekend.

I work a 9 to 5 job that is mostly mental, which makes it hard to write as frequently as I'd like. It also means that I get to the weekend completely drained. I push and pull all week, and I wash up on the shores of the weekend, feeling like I just came off a shipwreck. 

I know many of you deal with the same thing. A full-time job isn't for the faint of heart, but it's what many of us do to survive. 

This weekend, I decided to seize every moment. This meant staying up until eleven on both Friday and Saturday, but I don't regret it. 

Here are some things I did:


Friday:

  • Stayed up late talking to a friend.
  • Chatted with a sibling via text.
  • Washed all my bedding. (This was an enormous task. Apparently, I really like blankets.)
  • Read some of Saber's Pride by C.M. Banschbach. (This is the second book in her Spirit's Valley duology. Highly recommended.)

Saturday:
  • Made sourdough French toast. (It was amazing!)
  • Went over to my sister's house. I assisted with her photography business, snuggled her affectionate corgi, and cuddled her daughter, who is my godchild.
  • Drank 3 cups of coffee because apparently I have no chill and thought it was fun. Life is full of weird moments.
  • Came home and had a pre-made lunch and worked out.
  • Wrote some of my novel, Drop. Almost to the mid-point! 
  • Over-the-phone Bible study with my adopted aunt. 
  • Watered my mom's flowers and garden.
  • Made some Instagram graphics.
  • Role-played via text with a very good friend.
  • Painted a picture while listening to The Tournament at Gorlan by John Flanagan (Ranger's Apprentice book.) until ten. The audiobook was highly amusing, and I found myself laughing out loud on more than one occasion.
  • Stayed up late finishing Saber's Pride. 100% worth it.
Sunday:
  • Had leftover French toast.
  • Went to church.
  • Had extra coffee because I was tired from the day before. 
  • Cleaned the shower drain. (That was a nasty experience. I'm glad I don't have to do that often.)
  • Worked on balance exercises.
  • Had a simple lunch.
  • Fangirled over a friend's character and got to share a snippet of my work with her. 
  • Afternoon thunder shower! (It is very dry here and doesn't rain often. When it does, I'm usually at work. This shower was a treat!)
  • Went outside and danced in the rain. Yes, I know. I'm basically a child. No. I don't care. Dancing in the rain is fun.
  • Made some blog graphics.
  • Blogged.
  • Wrote some of Drop.
  • Talked with friends.
  • Had a lovely cup of chamomile-lavender tea.

This is the original picture I took at church:




Here is the acrylic painting I did Saturday night:




Life is full of hundred of moments that rush by so fast that we don't even realize it. Each moment is filled with potential. The ordinary moments are blank stages for ordinary magic. Take time to Carpe Momentum. Seize the Moment.

Until next time...

Julia Garcia / Arysta Henry


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!