Book Review of Amanda Dyke's "Set the Stars Alight"


 
Set the Stars Alight by Amanda Dykes 

a few other books by another favorite author.

ISBN-13: 978-0764232671
Author: Amanda Dykes
 © Bethany House Publishers; 6/1 edition (June 30, 2020)
"Set the Stars Alight" by Amanda Dykes (available on Amazon.com)

This is the kind of book that inspired me to write my own novels at six years-old. It's full of hope and light in the midst of darkness. It makes you feel seen. It reminds you that you are not alone.

Set the Stars Alight by Amanda Dykes feels like home. Like magic. And starlight and mystery. Family and found family. Redemption. And the slowest, sweetest slow-burn romance ever created in one book.

This book came at time where my creative well was drying up. Like a dry leaf, I started to curl up on myself, to shrivel and die. This book changed all that, and I'm not being dramatic. 

After reading Set the Stars Alight, my heart began to open up again. To unfurl and to believe that there is still good in this world. That there is light in the darkness and hope that shines brighter than any pain. 

To say that this book was transformative is an understatement. 
In life, there are a few things that are like water to a parched soul. This book was one of them. It is one of them. I know this first visit to this story will not be the last. I plan on returning again and again.

My heart is very full from wandering in starlight. So full that it could burst. What a beautiful, beautiful story!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!