Update: 06/07/2022

 



        Hello, friends!


Just wanted to pop in and let you all know that I am alive.

I had to disappear for family and health reasons, but I'm back. Currently, letting my ideas percolate as things come back to life. 


Some things I have planned for this month are:

  • Poetry 15th
  • My annual Audiobook Appreciation Month post
  • A summer reading challenge



Writing has taken a dive lately, mostly due to mental health reasons, but I'm hoping to get back into it this month. Besides blogging, I'm hoping to tackle more drafting for my novel Sirens of Fate, which is currently in its 5th draft.

This 5th draft has been rough because after getting results back from Developmental Editing, I realized that I needed to strip many ideas of the story away and take it back down to almost the first draft. There are a ton of changes, but the skeleton of the draft and many of the character arcs will stay the same. I am excited to tackle it and make the story stronger.

To stave off burnout, I decided to also work on Drop, the second book of my Drops of Inspira trilogy. This is still in the first draft stage as I didn't finish it during NaNoWriMo last year. The story got much bigger than the 50,000 words I thought it would take. I started looking back through what I do have and made some quote graphics, and now I'm super excited to dive back into this story world and mingle with these characters who feel so much like home.

Well, that's all for now. I'm going to try to tackle the poem for this month over the weekend, but until then I will go work on story words.

Until next time...

- Julia Garcia / Arysta Henry





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!