Hello, 2022!


 

Hello!


So, I realize that 2022 began nineteen days ago, but I was waiting for results from a sort of poll I was running on social media. Now that I have the results, I can proceed with this post!


Before I reveal any "words of the year" or goals for 2022, let's see how I did for 2021.


  • Read 90 books in 2021? I actually read 100, surpassing my Goodreads Goal by ten books! This has been a number I've been trying to read for at least three years, but I've finally read 100 books in a year!

  • Did I learn to draw a hand? Sadly no. A few months into 2021, I had a whole host of medical tests and drawing went out the window. I would love to start learning to draw again, but I just started a new job so we'll see if and when it will make its appearance in my life again.

  • So, this didn't happen by March of last year, but it did happen. Sirens of Fate, the first book in my Harbinger Trilogy, did go to a developmental editor last year! It needs another rewrite, but hopefully this will be my last major rewrite. Writing is hard, but it's so very rewarding too.


  • Did I write poetry? Not as much as in 2020, but I did write a minimum of twelve poems last year, and that is a win-win situation. It's not always very easy for me to write poems or come up with the prompt to write them, but when it comes together, it is beautiful.

  • Did I take a trip? No. There were a lot of other expenses and mishaps, but I already have a trip planned for this year so it is evening out. 

  • Did I get to spend time with friends? YES! It was so good to get together with a couple of friends in person this year.

  • Kick fear in the seat of the pants? Well, I made progress!

So, now we get to the part of the post where I get to share the words my friends on social media gave me to carry into 2022. Here they are:



There they are. Twelve beautiful words of positivity. 




So, I know people make resolutions in the new year, but after years of not being able to keep mine, I decided not to make any, but I do have goals.

Here they are:

  • I would like to read 110 books this year for the Goodreads Reading Challenge. I mentioned that I just started a new job. It's a full-time position so I'm not sure where the energy/ time to read or write will come from, but I aim to make it happen.


  • I would love to finish what I hope will be the final draft of Sirens of Fate so I can have it ready to go to a line editor sometime later in the year. My heart would be so full if this happened. 




  • I would like to keep up with this blog. Currently, it's a bit hard to keep up with anything. I had covid over the holidays and it drained my energy. I just wanted to sleep all day. Then shortly after recovering, my car had problems and then I got a new job. So, there are a lot of changes, but I want to keep some things that are important to me, such as blogging.

  • I would like to take a trip this year and visit some of my friends who are out of state. Not going to lie. This would make my entire year.


  • I would like to continue to kick fear in the seat of the pants and be more confident this year. 


So, that's it! I'm going to try and keep these lists short. Last year, I did that and left room for surprises and boy did they come! Maybe I can get some nice surprises to come this year.

What about you? Do you make resolutions or goals? How can I encourage you?

Until next time....




-Julia Garcia / Arysta Henry



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction