Book Review: What Is and Could Be by Katelyn Buxton

 




Hello!

Welcome to December, 2021.

Here at the beginning of this month, I thought I might review a book that just came out this past month. It was my last read of November, so the book is fairly fresh in my memory.

Here is my review:



My heart is very full right now as I just closed the pages of this wonderful book. Somehow I always gravitate to the books that make me cry, even if I don't know at the time that they will do so. This book is no different. 

There was one point in the story where a character was going through something similar to what I went through this past year. His revelation and his prayer to God struck me in such a personal way that I felt seen and understood. Honestly, that is such a gift. Excuse me while I cry and hug this book. 😭

This book reminds me a lot of Frances Hodgson Burnett's "The Secret Garden". It's whimsical, charming and extremely heartfelt.

The cast of characters is small, leaving them feeling like family. To say that I adore Timothy Wright and Mary O'Connor would be a VAST understatement. They have my heart, and I just want to give them hugs.

"What Is and Could Be" by Katelyn Buxton features a wonderfully bookish protagonist, a timeless friendship, and an ornery bird you didn't know you needed. It's a book that instantly feels like home, familiar, safe and warm. It's a book that feels like a classic, like it should have been around for a long time, and a book I need to read over again because in Shakespeare's Juliet's words, "Parting is such sweet sorrow that I'll say good night till it be morrow."
 

***

Readers,

do you have any recommendations for clean, cozy reads? If so, drop the suggestions in the comment section below.

This month is a busy one for the blog, so I'll be back a few more times this December before calling it quits for the new year.

Until then...

-Julia Garcia / Arysta Henry

Comments

  1. Ooooh! This sounds good! Adding another book to the list...

    As for cozy reads, have you read 100 Days of Sunlight by Abbie Emmons? Kids Like Us by Hilary Reyl is another a good one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! When I read it on Wattpad last year, I adored it then. It was one of those books that pulled me through all the chaos that was 2020, and I'm so happy that it made it to print this year!

      I have not read 100 Days of Sunlight yet! I'm not much of a contemporary reader so that may explain that, but I've heard good things about it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!