Poetry 15th, September 2021


 
Hello!

Today's prompt comes from a poem that I've been working on for about a year now. Most of the time my poems come to me in snatches of inspiration, starting out with an image or a line, and then I just follow the idea until the end.

Here is this month's prompt:


For some reason, the word, "herald" always comes to mind when I think of this season. A picture that comes to mind is an autumn herald with a crown of colored leaves, riding through a carpet of stained-glass leaves on a horse. Anyway, musings aside, here is my response to the prompt. The poem itself was so long that I couldn't fit it on a quote graphic.

Autumn Soul

by

Julia Garcia


I am an Autumn Soul,
A bright, eternal fire,
A will-o'-the-wisp,
in the lantern light.

I'm a crown of red and green,
A fairy amidst the evergreens,
I'm a spire of smoke,
Twisting to heavenly heights,
A pumpkin patch,
in a carpet of gold.

I'm a sheet of diamond rain,
A blanket of fog.

I am a ghost on the moor,
A haunting on the stairs,
A gale of twisted thoughts,
ink-stained fingers,
heavenward prayers.

I am a bower of golden leaves,
A script of gold caught in the gnarled fingers,
A song in the night,
A rosy dawn, 
A herald of cold,
An Autumn Soul.




Please feel free to use the prompt to generate your own creativity. 
I will be back once more on the 27th to make a quick announcement before disappearing for the rest of the month.

Until next time...

- Julia Garcia / Arysta Henry


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello, 2022!

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

Finding Magic in the Day-to-Day