Autumn Musings


 

Hello!

Halfway through this month, autumn starts, and I am ready! Ready for the crisp, cool air, the changing of the trees, the smell of pies and cider floating down the main street of my hometown, marshmallows over the fire pit, hot cocoa piled high with mini marshmallows, layers and lots of blankets, and of course, pumpkin pies!

When I was a kid, summer used to be my favorite season because then I was out of school and could relax. As I grew older, winter became my favorite season because of Christmas, but trying to drive on icy roads and getting snowed in before work quickly drove that away. Now, autumn is my favorite season. There's such a sense of nostalgia and timelessness about this season that makes it attractive. 




I've decided to take off school for various reasons this semester, but that doesn't mean that I'm not involved in school. I'm tutoring a couple of subjects for both my brothers and a couple of other people (writing, Latin, Spanish, and piano). It's been an adventure already, and I'm looking forward to many more adventures ahead. 




What scents remind you of autumn? For me, it's pies, cider and wood smoke. Doesn't that sound aesthetic? I think so. Fortunately, these scents have been a habitual part of my autumns since I was little thanks to living in a small, country town.

What is something you are hoping for this season? I'm keeping it simple by hoping for rain. We've been in a dry spell. There have been a few thunderstorms, but the rain has been scattered. I would love a good downpour. 

Just an FYI: There will be three more posts this month. On the fourteenth, I'm spotlighting my friend's book, on the fifteenth I will be doing my normal Poetry 15th and then I will have an announcement at the end of the month, up by the 27th. 


Until then...


-Julia Garcia / Arysta Henry



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello, 2022!

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

Finding Magic in the Day-to-Day