Poetry 15th, August 2021


 

Hello!

It's been a month since I last posted, but there has been a reason for that. (Actually, a lot of reasons, but let's not get too off topic.) The main reason why I didn't post at the beginning of this month was because I was facing some scary health issues which have mostly resolved at this point. With that being said, a hiatus is probably way overdue, but I'll save that for another month.


Today's poetry prompt is:



I've been thinking a lot about exploration. It's always been a sort of regret of mine that I was born in an age where most of the world has already been explored. I love reading books about explorers, real or fictional. The unknown both terrifies and fascinates me. 

As always, feel free to use the above prompt to generate your own creativity.


Here is my response to the prompt:


I'll be back later this month with an end-of-summer post sharing my top five summer reads. I'm doing it a bit early even if summer officially ends in September because of a certain something that is happening in that month. If that sounds like something you'd want to read, then pop back on around the 27th.


Until next time...

-Julia Garcia / Arysta Henry

Comments

  1. I hope you continue to feel better! This prompt is great. I may just borrow it. I really enjoyed the poem you wrote with it. It's rhythm and the imperfect rhyme are quite pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Azelyn!

      Thank you! It's been a stressful past couple of months, but I'm hanging in there.
      Aw... I'd be honored if you borrowed the prompt, and I'm glad you liked the poem! Thank you for reading and for your comment.

      Delete
    2. My summer has been incredibly stressful as well, for various reasons. The song that's helped me out has been Be Alright by Evan Craft, Danny Gokey, and Redimi2. Kinda off subject, but hey, music is poetry.

      Working on a poem now! Which is kinda weird since I haven't written anything in about a month, but it's refreshing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello, 2022!

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

Finding Magic in the Day-to-Day