Poetry 15th, June 2021: Wattpad Reveal

 


Hello!

Today is usually the day when I show a bit of poetry that was inspired by a prompt, but I'm going to do things a little differently.

A few weeks ago I posted my first poetry anthology on Wattpad.com. If you aren't familiar with Wattpad, it's a free site that allows you to read and comment on other peoples' books and to post your own for others to read. 

I've been on Wattpad for years, but only as a reader. Lately, a friend posted her own poetry on the site and it inspired me to post my own.

So here is the cover (link below):


The Shadow Wars by Julia Garcia

The Shadow Wars is a poetry anthology of darkness, hope and my struggles with mental health. Trigger Warning: Some of the poems may contain allusions to self-harm.

I've written these poems over a period of five or more years. Some of them I've posted here on the blog, so for those of you who have been around for a while, they might be familiar. 

In life, there is darkness, but there is always light if you know where to look for it. It's in the darkness that the stars shine the brightest.

My goal for this collection of 48 poems is to keep it up on Wattpad for six months after which I will take it down and start work on publishing it into a physical book that you can hold in your hands. Right now it's free to read with a Wattpad account, so if dark poetry is your thing, head on over there and check it out. If you would rather read a physical copy, that is coming. It will just take some time.


Thanks again for reading and taking a chance on my blog and my writings. It means a lot.


Until next time....

-Julia Garcia / Arysta Henry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!