One Year of Listening to Books on Audible: Audiobook Appreciation Month

 


Hello!

This month is Audiobook Appreciation Month and today I'm showing you what I have listened to in one year of using Audible.

So before I begin, let me answer some questions you may be having.

What is Audible? In short, Audible is an Amazon.com company where you can listen to audiobooks. It's perfect for doing housework, long drives, if you'd rather listen to a book than read it or if you just need a distraction.

What does Audible cost? This is where it gets tricky. There are several options. Either 1. Pay one of two different subscription fees which will get you different options. I'm linking the pricing page for those options here. Or 2. you can buy the individual audiobooks (which can get pricey, but then you are not locked into a subscription.). 

If you have any other questions, please place them in the comment section below, and I will try to do my best to answer them.

Now to the actual post. I've listened to exactly six audiobooks this past year, mostly of the fantasy genre, but there is also a classic and another book. I've included all the Audible links in the titles so you can go directly to the site and check them out. There is usually an audiobook sample so you can preview before buying. So without further ado, here they are:


1.The Beast of Talesend by Kyle Robert Shultz


You may remember this from my post last year. That was because it is not only one of my favorite audiobooks I've ever listened to, but also because I really did listen to this one just last year. Let me tell you. It was a tale of EPIC proportions. The narrator did a wonderful job of nailing the voice of the main character, Nick Beasley. My brothers and I made so many excuses to do whatever it took to listen to this.

2. Mark of the Raven by Morgan L. Busse


I read this book on a flight to St. Louis, Missouri back in 2019 and then found out there was an audiobook version. I wish I could honestly say that I quickly devoured this (it was AMAZING), but the reality is that it took months for me to finish, only because it was hard for me to find the time to actually be able to listen to it.  I'm pretty sure that this is one of my favorite audiobooks of all time. Definitely going to give it another listen to sometime in the near future.

3. Flight of the Raven by Morgan L. Busse


Yes. This is book 2 of the above series, The Ravenwood Saga. I listened to this one every chance I could get. I inhaled it. Honestly, so good. If you haven't read or listened to this series yet, go do it.

4. Cry of the Raven by Morgan L. Busse


Behold the beauty and awesomeness of the last book in this amazing series. Bring tissues. Lots of tissues. This book is a wonderful ending to an epic series. The ending left my heart very full and in awe of Busse. She is a wonderful storyteller. 

5.  The Story of With by Allen Arnold


I had read the book before, but the writing conference I went to back in February was using this book so I listened to this in three days as a refresher. Such an insightful, wonderful little story that makes you think deeply about who you are as a creator and as a person.

6. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson (Narrated by Neil Hunt)


Yup. Another audiobook I mentioned last year. And yes, by now I have listened to this particular edition of the story over four times. The first time I listened to this was back in 9th grade. I haven't listened to any other editions in full, but from the snippets I did listen to, I wasn't impressed. In my opinion, this is the best audiobook version of Treasure Island.


So this concludes my post of audiobooks I've listened to in a year since last June. Have you listened to any of them? What are some audiobooks you have enjoyed?
Need more audiobook recommendations? You can check out last year's post on Audiobook Appreciation Month here for more audiobook recommendations.

Until next time....

- Julia Garcia / Arysta Henry










Comments

  1. I like to listen to audiobooks available on my library's apps because I'm a bit of a cheapskate, but this also means I have fewer options. Recently, I've listened to Howl's Moving Castle, Elatsoe, and Break the Fall. I almost forgot Mark of the Raven was on my TBR. I'll have to see if I can find a copy... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh. You are probably the millionth or so person (I'm probably exaggerating, but it's a huge number) of people that have mentioned Howl's Moving Castle to me. I might have to check it out.

      Delete
    2. I watched the Anime first in college and found it too bizzare, then when I watched it more recently, I liked it. I enjoyed the book more, though. :)

      Delete
    3. Hm... Maybe I'll start with the book first then. Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello, 2022!

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

Finding Magic in the Day-to-Day