Poetry 15th, April 2021

 


Hello!

It's been an eventful month for me. It's the middle of my semester at college and everything seems to be piling up, conspiring together to stifle any creative juices so it's been a struggle to pull anything together. 


With that being said, here is this month's prompt:


In the middle of the semester, this sense of "betweenness" is a heavy feeling. I feel like I'm on the border of two very important events, but I'm not sure exactly what they are. It's not school. That is accounted for. Whatever this is, this feeling of being between things is very prominent. 
My response to this prompt is a bit of poetry I actually wrote a month ago while thinking about the meeting of sand and shore. It's fictional, but the feeling of betweenness is very real, a feeling of belonging to two different worlds.



                    (If you are on mobile, you might have to click to enlarge it.)

                    Now I would like to hear from you! When was the last time you felt either out of place or on the cusp of something? What did you feel? What did you do? 

Until next time....

-Julia Garcia / Arysta Henry


Comments

  1. This is so pretty! Makes me miss the water and the beach. As an Army brat, I almost always feel out of place. There's never one place where I've felt like I truly belong because I love so many places and people. But it's something I've become accustomed to.

    It may be the middle of the semester, but you've got this! You're halfway to summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the water and the beach, but from a distance. I'm not a fan of the sand or of being in the water with animals I cannot see or that can eat me. ;) Ah. That would make you feel rather out of place. I think, too, that as a Christian, this feeling is pretty deep in us, because we do belong to another world.

      Thank you! I'm pushing through the semester. I have two research papers on mental health, so that's been consuming my days. Can't wait for summer! I might take a fast track speech class, but I'm going to try to keep it low-key.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!