Poetry 15th, March 2021

 



Hello!

One of my favorite things to do nowadays is watch the play of the sun as it hits the trees and casts shadows across the road. There's this special time of the evening where it's particularly beautiful. It's a magical moment where the world seems to hold its breath and anything can happen. It's a moment where the world seems to stop; a moment trapped in time. My response to this month's prompt came from my observations of this time of day. As always, please feel free to use the prompt below to generate your own creativity. 


Here is the prompt:


Last week, I took my red Lord of the Rings notebook and my red pen (I really like red. Don't know if you can tell.) and went outside. I found a place where I could watch the road by my house and just sat, observed and listened. I must have sat there for a good half an hour; it was so peaceful! Out of that time came this poem.



Now, I'd like to hear from you! When was the last time you simply sat outside, observed and listened? Did it inspire anything? 

Whether we know it or not, we gather moments every day and store them in our memories. Something as simple as a smile, a laugh, or the shadows of trees across the road can inspire us. What inspires you?

Until next time....

-Julia Garcia / Arysta Henry



Comments

  1. Oooh, this is pretty! I particularly like the way you shared your poem based on the color green on a reddish background. It fits, especially after reading about your Lord of the Rings notebook.

    I haven't sat outside to simply be in a while, but now that the weather is getting nicer, perhaps I should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Azelyn! My sister, Emily got me that notebook years ago and I've been slowly filling it with my writings. I've had such pullings toward going outside and doing some more "observations" lately, but it's been really bad weather lately. Right now it's very muddy. It snowed for half of last week and the beginning of this week and now it's melting into an awful mess. Perhaps when it gets a bit drier, I'll go out again. This is such a beautiful time of year!

      I highly applaud your going outside to "simply be". We are always in such a rush to go places that we forget what it's like to be still and just listen and observe. In a way, it's very healing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!