Hi There 2021!

 


Hi there!

So, I'm only ten days late. I meant to get this out earlier, but *shrugs* life happened. To be honest, the holidays exhausted this introvert and she kind of went into hibernation for a little. 


Before I reveal any goals, let's see how I did for last year...
  • Read 60 books? In 2020, I read about 84. Hurray for surpassing goals!


  • Draw a hand without instructions? Nope. Better luck this year.


  • Finish secret writing projects? Yes, and no. I did finish one, but it needs revision something fierce. I made a plan for it though, and it will happen.


  • Continue writing poetry? Absolutely! It's been a good challenge and a good way to get the creative juices flowing. I've even had the odd event of waking up at 3:00 a.m. to write poetry about four days in a row. 


  • Take any trips? Like to the grocery store? Yeah, it was 2020. That didn't happen. Maybe this year?


  • Spent more time with friends? Over Zoom, yes. In person... not so much. Ye good ole lockdown kind of made that impossible. 


  • Kicking fear in the seat of its pants? Yup. And continuing. 


  • Hot-air balloon trip? Sadly, no. With everything being shut down, that just didn't happen. 


Okay, so that was last year's recap. What about this year?

So, I've asked my friends on Facebook and Instagram to give me some positive words to carry into this year that start with the first letter of their name. Here is what I received:




There are so many challenging, positive words this year! The last word I kept coming across in my prayers and devotionals, so I added it. I'm excited to see how these weave into my life, and I'm honored to carry them into this new year.



So, I know I've said it before, but it's been awhile, so I'll repeat it. I know many people make resolutions in the new year, but I tend not to keep those. It gets disappointing. What I do is make goals. Those are less stressful. 

Here are my goals:

  • I've entered the Goodreads Reading Challenge again this year. I've set a goal for ninety books. I figured that since I almost read this amount last year, I could push myself a little extra this year.

  • I really want to draw a hand without instructions by the end of the year. If that happens, that would be awesome.
  • Okay. I'm going to make this a small goal. If I surpass it, that would be awesome. I really want to get my WIP (work-in-progress), Sirens of Fate, to a developmental editor this year. Hopefully, by March.


  • Continue writing poetry. Poetry is a way the heart speaks with a pen. It's super cathartic and a way to process difficult emotions that aren't easy to explain with my voice.

  • Take a trip. That would be awesome. Not going to lie. 

  • Spend time with friends. Zoom is great, but if we can see each other in person, that would be even better. 





  • Continue to kick fear in the seat of the pants. Seriously. Just go away already. You're not welcome here. 


And that's it! Thought I'd keep it small this year and leave room for surprises, because they'll happen. That's life.

What about you? Do you make resolutions or goals? How can I encourage you?

Until next time....




-Julia Garcia/Arysta Henry


Comments

  1. Sounds like a good set of goals! Ever since I moved back to the US, I made a goal to leave the country at least once a year. I'm still surprised it happened at all last year, and I'm not sure how I'll make it happen this year, but we shall see! Love the idea of encouraging words, by the way. I might borrow that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I really wanted to go up to Washington state and see my friends there last year, but with everything, it just didn't happen. My financial situation needs to get a lot better before taking any trips this year, but the year is young. We shall see. :) I totally encourage you to steal the encouraging words idea. ;) My word for you this year is joy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!