Poetry 15th, December 2020

 



Hello Everyone!


This month has flown by. I can hardly believe we are about halfway through the month already. It seems like we just started. I've been thinking about this month and the colors I associate with December and I realized that golds, reds, greens, blues and silvers are special to this month.

 So here is my poetry prompt:


I love giving gifts to my family. I like the wrapping process almost as much as the giving of the actual gifts. Usually, I will select a pretty blue-and-silver-style wrapping paper. When I was little, I would listen to songs like "Silver Bells" by the Judds and "Pretty Paper" by Randy Travis. So you see where the "silver" comes in. Where does the blue come in? Well in "Pretty Paper", Randy Travis sings, "Pretty paper, pretty ribbons are blue." My six-year-old mind thought blue wrapping paper must be the prettiest (and blue is my favorite, the shinier the better), so I try and wrap all of my presents in blue and silver wrapping paper.
Here is my response to the above prompt:


Please feel free to use the prompt to generate your own creativity. I'll be back next week for the Know the Novel Link-Up wrap up post.

Until then,

Julia Garcia / Arysta Henry

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!