Poetry 15th, October 2020

 Hello!

 Happy October and welcome to the month of cooler temperatures and changing leaves. 

 The leaves haven't quite changed color in my neighborhood, but I'm celebrating in anticipation of that time. 


I'm doing another Fall-themed prompt this month, this time based not only on a word, but on a particular color.


Red is a warm color, not quite the temperature I associate with this season, but the color is one I associate with autumnal things like cranberry sauce and falling leaves.

Here is my response.


I'm so very excited to see Autumn's face again! Temperatures are supposed to drop this week, so maybe the leaves will follow suit. 

I might be poking my head in later this month with some novel-ish stuff, so keep watch for that.

Until next time...

All the best,

Julia Garcia/ Arysta Henry




Comments

  1. Autumn is full of many joys. I really like your poem, especially the bit where you use a cathedral as a metaphor, and I may just use the prompt as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There's a patch of road where I live that I always think of as a cathedral, especially when the leaves turn color. This poem kind of sprang out of that. I'd be honored if you used the prompt!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello, 2022!

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

Finding Magic in the Day-to-Day