Poetry 15th, April 2020

It's been a very rainy, foggy April. About every other day it rains from sunup until sundown.  One thing I love about the rain and fog is that they intensify the surrounding colors. The fog drifts through the tall pines, wrap its fingers around the red barn on the hill and floats over the pond.
 However, I am glad for days like today where the blue sky spans the horizon, the beautiful flowers are seen clearly and the wind blows through the trees carrying with it the scent of growing things.
 Even during the rain, hope is tangible. It's just around the corner.


This brings me to the poetry prompt for this month, which is hope.
In a world that seems to get darker and darker, I'm clinging to the hope that this is only temporary. One day the night will end and morning will be here.


Please feel free to use this prompt to do your own creative thing.

Here is my response taken from my poetry archives. I wrote this poem several years ago and thought it was fitting for this month.


I hope your month is filled with beautiful things and that you find joy in everyday moments.

Until next time...

-Arysta Henry/ Julia Garcia



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!