"April Showers..."






The old rhyme goes, "April showers bring May flowers."
 Lately, the world seems to be experiencing a lot of "showers", both rain and disasters. As I'm writing this, the Corona Virus, or COVID-19, is killing people every day.
 Many, including myself, have lost jobs as a result, lives have been disrupted, weddings canceled, sports put on hold, etc. The list goes on. The point is, life hasn't been normal in a while. I'm tempted to look at my "forecast" and see nothing but endless rain.
 At this point, quarantine is supposed to last through April. Maybe even beyond, God forbid.
 Even the weather has been weird. It's been raining on and off for three weeks now in my part of the world, and more rain and snow are in the forecast for next week.
 Yet, as the rhyme goes, with the showers, brings flowers. I'm hoping and praying that something beautiful comes out of this. I don't know what it will look like, but I know it will come.
 This night can't and won't  last forever. The sun will shine again, and this virus will be vanquished.
 There is hope on the horizon if we can but wait for it.

"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." (Psalm 30: 5b)

Comments

  1. Define "forever." Sure, it won't last forever but our lives will be forever changed bc of this. Physical deaths are not the only kind of deaths we're facing. The death of our economy -- and more physical deaths from that -- is likely. Businesses will close left and right. Law and order will collapse. It's happening where I live and probably where you live too. People think opening the economy is as simple as flipping a switch, not true. Hope is good; realism is too. It's nice to hope for something beautiful from this but that sounds very fairytale to many people. Be positive but be prepared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Villette.
      You are right. Things will not go back to the way they were before this happens. Actions have reactions. Like you said, "be positive, but be prepared." That's a good way to look at it. But I don't believe that everything that comes out of this will be bad. There will be good as well as bad just as there is in every situation.
      I'm seeing businesses close and those that are still afloat, are struggling. Friends and family are struggling. Some are sick and things are not at all well. But in the midst of these hardships, there is also beauty. I'm seeing communities rally around those who are down. I'm seeing compassion that I haven't seen in years. I'm seeing families spending more time with each other, either online or just those who are in quarantine like myself. Not everything is good, but there is good to be found.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!