The Month of Daffodils and How I Used to Tell Time

Happy March 3rd!

 I was just talking with someone on Twitter about different ways we told time when we were younger.
 As a kid, I knew it was Spring when the daffodils came out. Daffodils also meant that it was March and that my dad's birthday wasn't far away.

Some daffodils outside my place of work. Aren't they cheerful?


Now, I add the sights of blue-eyed grasses, baby animals, lots of green grasses and areas that look like places where fairies might walk. Perks of living in the country.

Summer meant that the community pool opened, the 4th of July Parade, watermelon, high temperatures, popsicles, sun-showers, fun running through sprinklers, Summer Library Reading Contest, weird red-days in the evening, no school and the grass gets brown.

Fall meant the scent of apple pie floating down main street, high winds, the changing of leaves, the community pool closes, back to school, cool weather and Thanksgiving family get-togethers.

Winter promised snow, but never guaranteed it. The whole town where I live gets decorated and there's a big tree that is lit up during the Christmas season. Hot cocoa, blue wrapping paper, Christmas carols, leaves falling off the trees, Christmas morning, building snowmen, and snow ball fights were other things that I looked forward to.

When I was little, the days seemed to drag by, but the moments in between were sweet. I made so many memories. Now that I'm older, the days seem to fly past and I can barely remember what I did last week!

 Perhaps it's time to go back and count the days by the memories instead of the days on the calendar. Maybe time will go slower. Maybe...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!