Poetry 15th-January 2020

Happy New Year Everyone!

 I hope everybody had a good holiday season, got some rest and time with family. This is usually the time where people set New Year's resolutions, goals or something like them. I tend to stay away from them because I just end up disappointing myself, but I do like doing something as a sort of "banner-to-the-year." (More on that in a post later this month.)


   I'm so excited about this month's creativity prompt. How many of you are inspired by mornings? I mean early mornings, before most of the world is awake? Mornings when the sky turns a soft pink and melds with a powdery blue? Mornings where the sun sets the world on fire? Those kind of mornings. The kind of mornings where you just want to sing a response to the sunrise.

    

 I wrote this poem earlier this month, half of it in my head on my way to work one Saturday morning and just had to share it with you. I'm not often up and outside this early in the morning. Some days, I'm in too much of a rush to get to work and don't stop to look up and gaze in wonder at the world around me. This particular morning I left a little early and was glad I did. Here is my response to the morning.





 Have you experienced a beautiful morning? What was your response? 
 Feel free to use the above prompt for whatever you'd like (art, poetry, a story, a song, etc...)

  Have a great rest of the month and happy creating!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!