A Bookish Post

Happy New Year's Eve!

  A whole year has gone by already and in a few hours we will enter a new year, a new decade. 2020. Sounds futuristic, doesn't it?

  I've been both looking-forward to and dreading this post partly because I tried to choose five books out of my fifty-nine reads that I read this year and also because I get to share books I love. I'm not going to review them here (I've already done that on Goodreads), but I'll place the links to my reviews if you want to read them.

 

In no particular order, my top five reads are:


Severed Veil: Tales of Death and Dreams Severed Veil by Bethany A. Jennings



Where the Woods Grow Wild  Where the Woods Grow Wild by Nate Philbrick


The Story of With: A Better Way to Live, Love, & Create  The Story of With by Allen Arnold


Hungry: Learning to Feed Your Soul with Christ Hungry by Rondi Lauterbach


Deadwood: The Return of Crockett and Crane  Deadwood by Kyle Robert Shultz


So these are the five that stuck out most in my mind when I look back on 2019, but here are some honorable mentions in categories!





Most Influential Theological Book:  

Hungry: Learning to Feed Your Soul with Christ  Seriously, it's been months since I've read it and I'm still thinking about it. I provided the link to my review above, so I won't add it here.


Favorite Anthology:

Strange Waters (A Phoenix Fiction Writers Anthology) Strange Waters Anthology by The Phoenix Fiction Writers 

Written by some of my favorite people, ever!

Favorite Writing Craft Book:

The Dragon Grammar Book: Grammar for Kids, Dragons and the Whole Kingdom The Dragon Grammar Book by Diane Mae Robinson

Not what you were expecting, am I right? This book was a blast to read and a perfect refresher course for someone that has been out of school for a while.

Favorite Short Story:


42601105. sy475  The Haunted Hoard by Kyle Robert Shultz

By now we're seeing a pattern. I love Kyle's books. Is that a problem? Nope. They're really good! How could you not love them?

Favorite Children's Book:

157993 The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

This is the only children's book I read this year and the only one I borrowed from a friend.


Favorite Classic:

Beowulf the Warrior  I didn't write a review for this one, so I don't have a link for it. I had the privilege of reading this out loud to my little brothers. It was their first time hearing/reading the story, and we had fun with it.

Favorite Novel:

Where the Woods Grow Wild 36576048 Fawkes by Nadine Brandes

Okay. I know... There are two. But how was I supposed to choose? The link for Nate's book is next to the first time I mentioned it.
*sighs* Such beautiful books!

Favorite Poetry Book:

Severed Veil: Tales of Death and Dreams Honestly, so beautiful inside and out.


There were so many that I wanted to mention (this post would be miles long if I did) and so many that I beta read that I want to share with you all, but are not out yet.

I didn't get to my Goodreads goal of 150 this, but I'm happy with fifty-nine. That's still a big number for an eventful year.

Have you read any of these books? Did you do the Goodreads challenge? How did you do?

Happy New Year's Eve and Happy New Year! Talk to you all in the next decade.



Happy New Year Snoopy GIF - HappyNewYear Snoopy GIFs







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!