Poetry 15th-November 2019 Edition

Hello there everyone!

I'm in the midst of NaNoWriMo, so things are crazy busy but I did want to pop in with this month's Poetry 15th.


 This month's poem was very difficult to compose. I know I wanted it to be about thankfulness, but I didn't want it to be just a laundry-list of things I was thankful for. Then I stumbled on a whimsical picture of a tree with what appears to be flying notes. I lost the picture but was inspired to make my own. Here is a picture I put together with clip-art on Canva.


So what does this have to do with Poetry 15th? I'm coming to it. It will all make sense in a moment, but first, here is this month's poetry prompt:


Whether or not you celebrate Thanksgiving, November is a good time to stop and count your blessings. As one of my childhood songs says, "A thankful heart is a happy heart..."
 So here is your chance to post a poem of thankfulness in the comment section or just write your own. You could even use this to write a list of what you are thankful for in your journal (if you do such things), or draw a picture based on this prompt. If you do decide to post your poem in the comment section, please keep a PG rating. 

Here is my response:


If you liked the poem, want to post your own or just want to say hi, please do so in the comment section below. 

Happy writing!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!