Book Review of Beth Wangler's "Child of the Kaites" (The Firstborn's Legacy, Book 1)

Child of the Kaites (The Firstborn's Legacy Book 1)Child of the Kaites by Beth Wangler
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Available on Amazon
 Independently published (July 28, 2018)
  • ISBN-10: 1790655579
  • ISBN-13: 978-1790655571

As many have said before, "The Child of the Kaites" is a retelling of the story of the biblical story of Moses leading the Israelites from slavery in Egypt.

Things I loved:

1. The world-building.

I loved getting to see the differing beliefs of the various people groups, their customs and their way of life. I love the history of the world that was woven throughout, making the story more believable. The descriptions of the scenery were lovely too and at no point in the story did I feel like it was too much or overpowering.

2. The characters.

A few of my favorites were Rai and Savi because their fears and struggles were very relatable to my own. Some of their thoughts seemed to be pulled from my own head. Plus, I love the way that they were there for each other, supporting each other throughout the story.
I loved Forziel and Yori. While a lot of the book took on a more serious tone, these two added a welcome bit of levity to the situation. I can't wait to read more about these two.
Then there's Nhardah, who I absolutely adored. His wisdom and humor were amazing!

Somethings I'm getting used to:

Okay, so there's just one. I've never been a fan of 1st person narratives and "The Child of the Kaites" was told in first person. I'm happy to say, that I like them now more than I did. Figures it would be Beth Wangler's book that would convince me to give them a chance again.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!