Book Review for "Where the Woods Grow Wild" by Nate Philbrick

Where the Woods Grow WildWhere the Woods Grow Wild by Nate Philbrick
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Available on Amazon.com
CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
ISBN: 1540522857 (ISBN13: 9781540522856)
Copyright: December 10th, 2016

A cast of colorful characters? Check. A well-crafted plot? Check? A forest that is wilder than it seems? Triple check. Written by one of my favorite authors, Nate Philbrick? Sign me up!

This book has sat on my TBR shelf for a couple of months and my little brother has been urging me to read it so that he can read it next. This year, I placed this book at the top of my TBR list and dove in.

Nate is a master writer, balancing beautiful description that serves the plot without making it difficult to wade through, and humorous, but thoughtful dialogue. Themes of friendship, love, unity and looking deeper than just basing your judgement on the outside were peppered throughout.

My emotions ran rampant as the woods which Nate writes about as I read this wonderful book.
There were a few parts that almost caused me to chuck the book across the room. This isn't a bad thing at all. Few books have such an impact on me.
My brothers kept marching over to where I sat, wondering why I was laughing so hard and I had a hard time not spoiling the book for them.
Then of course, there were parts that brought tears to my eyes and then elicited squeals of glee.

If you're looking for a fun read, with not just humor, but depth of character and story, then you must read this book! I honestly don't know why I waited so long to read it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!