Cinder Town

 



                       Welcome back.

This post is a bit hard for me to write because it requires me to be very vulnerable, so please bear with me.

I mentioned a few posts back that all has not been sunshine and roses. The truth is that I struggle a lot with both depression and anxiety. And they do not play nice. They strike without warning. One moment I will be fine, not a care in the world, and the next, I feel like my emotions are a wildfire and everything is burning down. Which is where the name for this poem came in: Cinder Town.

Cinder Town is my name for what happens when I start to crash and burn, when all is not right. It's a messy, destructive place. I plummet, I crash, I burn and it takes awhile for me to come back up again.

I had a visit to Cinder Town not too long ago. Things had not gone well at work. It was day sixteen of work-related stress. I stepped out of my car at home, a place that should have been safe, and just broke. I was angry, and I wanted to destroy things. I was burning up on the inside. I was very confused and flat out depressed. I just wanted to hide and give up. And then the first words of this poem came to my mind and the name Cinder Town popped into existence. Fair warning: If you are viewing this on a mobile device, you might have to click on each individual slide to see it the best.





So, this is me. Messy, broken and liable to ignite and burn to cinders at any moment. 

I know I'm not alone though. There are others like me who have their own Cinder Towns, and I want them to know that there are others like them out there. If you are experiencing your own Cinder Town, you are not alone. I see you. 

Until next time...

- Julia Garcia / Arysta Henry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

NaNoWriMo Know the Novel: Introduction

Hello, 2022!