Poetry 15th, September 2020

 Hello!

 Autumn begins later this month. The leaves are preparing to shed their leaves after turning to reds and golds, and the weather is turning colder. I don't know about you, but cold weather makes me feel alive!


In honor of the colder weather, here is the prompt for this month.


What makes you feel alive? Is it warm weather? Cold weather? Or perhaps it's something else. I hope this prompt inspires you to do something or create something that makes you feel alive. 

My response is born out of listening to "Embers" by Owl City. Here are a couple stanzas of the song.

"There were days when each hour was a war I fought to survive
There were nights full of nightmares and I dreaded closing my eyes
There were skies that burst open with a downpour to drown me alive
But the world took a spark like a match in the dark, and the fire brought me to life
So I'm fanning the flames to climb so high 'cause there's no other way we can stay alive"


Fires are destructive, yes. At the time of writing my response, there are myriads of fires burning across my state. But fires are also a way of renewal. I remember hearing of this pinecone that needs intense heat, the heat of a fire to open up and release their seeds. Trials can help us grow. When we go through difficulties, it's during those times that we can experience the most growth.
Here is my response.

                                               




I'll be back later this month with more poetry related content and a review. Until then...


All the best,

Julia Garcia/Arysta Henry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello, 2022!

NaNoWriMo Know Your Novel Introduction

Finding Magic in the Day-to-Day